Tuesday 12 April 2016

CFS April Vegan Mystery Box

Hello everyone! I am back! I had a pretty wonderful time, and lots of wonderful food, and I will be writing up some posts to share my experiences with you soon. But first, some boxes. While I was away, two packages came for me. One of them was the April Cruelty Free Shop Vegan Mystery Box. Unforunately one of the products had leaked oil into the box, but Mum contacted them and they replaced them straight away. Quality service!

April CFS Mystery Box


What's in the box?

  • Raw Chocolate Coated Raisins: I have had the mulberry ones of these and was a big fan, so I imagine these will be a fun snack.
  • Sweet William Chocolate Chips: I'll be honest, I really don't like Sweet William. I would rather have no chocolate at all than eat Sweet William. However, a lot of people really enjoy it. Thankfully I have a bake sale coming up soon so I will use these to make something for that.
  • Lamyong Tom Yum Paste: This was the oily culprit, but this new bottle is nice and tight. Looking forward to making some tom yum soup when the colder weather finally gets here.
  • Provamel Strawberry Soy Milk: Strawberry milk is my favourite! I will always get the strawberry milk or milkshake option. I know this is yum.
  • Leda Minton Biscuits: I know some non-Australian bloggers who love these. I am not always the biggest fan of mint and chocolate, but these are a fun treat. Take that Mint Slices!
  • Harvest Box Apple & Cinnamon Spark Chia Bar: You know how I love to collect bars. Looking forward to this flavour combination.
  • Pur Mints Mojito Lime: Not the biggest mint fan, but I am curious to try the flavour.
  • Just Wholefoods Jelly Crystals: Jelly is so much fun. I have used this brand before, and the raspberry flavour is definitely one of my favourites (they also have strawberry, which is my favourite favourite).
  • Snackimals Choc Chip Biscuits: Cute little animal crackers with chocolate chips, these are fun.
  • Two Vegan Recipes: This is the second month in a row that recipes have been included as one of the 10 items. I hope it doesn't continue every month. The box is still good value, but I can easily Google recipes myself if I need them. This month was a recipe for vegan Tom Yum Soup using the paste and a recipe for choc chip cookies using this month's chips and last month's Vegg baking mix.


Tomorrow I will share the details of my second package with you, which is really and truly super exciting!

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Sleepy Sahara


Love this sleepy faced bear.

16 comments:

  1. Have you tried the raw Vanoffe Mulberries? They are SO good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love them, they are almost like eating a lolly without being super sweet.

      Delete
  2. I need strawberry soy milk in my life!!
    I feel like it's a little shady to have two recipes count for actual products. Other than that, fun little box. Adorable kitty face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, recipes are not products. I hope they don't do it every time.
      Strawberry soy milk is the best!

      Delete
  3. Strawberry is the best. Sahara is freaking adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strawberry is the best. Sahara is freaking adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strawberry soy milk!!! Why oh why can't that be a thing over here???? NEED!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if you go to an Asian food market you can find some strawberry soy milks. Along with other yummy flavors like banana and sesame seed.

      Delete
    2. Wait... you don't just have strawberry soy milk? We can get something that you can't get easily in the US? It is a miracle! ;)
      I would agree with Jennifer, Asian food markets would probably be the best bet, just need to check ingredients. If you have any near you?

      Delete
  6. Haha I thought I was the only one who called my pets bears ;p
    That snack box looks really good!!!! Do you not like chocolate chips in general? Or just that brand. I can't imagine not liking chocolate chips...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sahara is nicknamed bear because of the amazing bear hugs she gives. :)
      I just don't like the brand in general. I do like chocolate chips! I normally use Tropical Source chocolate chips. Sweet William stuff just tastes so sweet and nasty to me. Yick.

      Delete
  7. Mmm... I got the Pur Mints Mojito Lime gum in the past and I loved them, but then again I like minty gum and mojitos XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I have ever had a mojito, and now I don't drink. I don't even know if you could possibly make one virgin.

      Delete
    2. Luckily for you American love mojitos and it is unheard of for pregnant women to drink (super shunned to have an occasional drink, which I heard as least in Europe is more common) so there are lots of mojito recipes. There are a bunch of tutorials but this gives you a basic idea: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Virgin-Mojito

      I would recommend using a really high end ginger ale and kombucha, or a club soda plus the other mixers that they suggests (like that strawberry puree)

      Delete
  8. Another awesome box! I love seeing Veggie Boxes!

    ReplyDelete