Friday 13 April 2018

Eating Out: Brisbane Vegan Markets April 2018

Another second Sunday of the month, another morning Brisbane Vegan Market! I couldn't eat too much this time, as I was having some appetite issues due to some medication. But I still tried my best!

Starting off with my beloved Green Street Foods! They had a new menu item, The Aussie Burger. A homemade bun (that is GF), beetroot ketchup, lettuce, tomato, caramelised onion, a Veef patty, cheese, and pineapple relish. It was delicious! The only logistical problem was that the ketchup soaked through the bottom bun and it broke in half pretty quickly, so I had to finish eating it with a fork.

The Aussie Burger from Green Street Foods at Brisbane Vegan Markets


I also got a large Apple, Mint, Ginger, and Lime juice from a lemonade stall there.

Apple, Mint, Ginger, and Lime juice at Brisbane Vegan Markets


I wasn't feeling too hungry after that, so I went straight for dessert at I Should Coco. The special of the month was 'Cloudy With A Chance of Sprinkles' - white chocolate, marshmallows, and sprinkles. I asked for mine with regular chocolate sauce, so I have dubbed it 'Stormy With A Chance of Sprinkles'.

Stormy with a Chance of Sprinkles from I Should Coco at Brisbane Vegan Markets


I rallied a little bit after that, and had some Tofu Satay Skewers from Malaysia Nonya House.

Satay Tofu from Malaysia Nonya House at Brisbane Vegan Markets


My friends also ordered from Green Street Foods, including two favourites - Mac and Cheese, and the Krabby Burger. Tracee also got some bao from Nonya House - one satay, and one 'super vegan'.

Mac and Cheese from Green Street Foods at Brisbane Vegan Markets


Krabby Burger from Green Street Foods at Brisbane Vegan Markets


Satay Bao and Super Bao from Malaysia Nonya House at Brisbane Vegan Markets


For my take home treat, I deviated from the norm. I am not normally one for cupcakes, but I do like supporting new vegan businesses. Pippa's Pantry was having their first markets, and had a lovely array of cupcakes. I picked a Jam Doughnut, and it is the best cupcake I have had in a long time... maybe ever. The cake part was sweet, vanilla, and moist. The icing was not too sweet, and balanced by the jam and a perfect coating of crunchy cinnamon sugar. Delicious!

Pippa's Pantry at Brisbane Vegan Markets


I won't be going to the May markets, because that is the same morning as Eurovision. So I will be up early, live tweeting, and ready to vote for that! But I should be back to the markets in June.

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Ball of silent rage


She has a bit of a curious face on because of the camera, but before I took the photo this little chocolate delight was a silent ball of rage, disgusted at the fact that she had to stay in boarding and was not at home. So cute in her fury! She mellowed out by the end of the two days she stayed with us.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't had an ice cream cone in a million years I've realized! Way before going vegan and definitely not since going vegan. You always have the most delicious looking cones!!
    OMG that little kitty face!! What a sweet pea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am lucky that I live somewhere that has good vegan ice cream! Though my favourite vegan ice cream ever is in Sydney.

      Delete